New printers compatible with Windows 2000
Guv Bob
2013-12-27 02:13:10 UTC
My printer went out and I am stuck with Windows 2000 for the time being. No new printers I saw today had Win2000 listed in their specs. All are for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

Anyone know how to connect Win2000 computer with one of those printers, or any other low dollar printer? Or where to find a decent older printer?

These are the printers I saw today, all for XP and later....

Canon MG2220
Canon MG 3520
HP 2512

Before USB, I used a Canon BJC-5100 for years until it wore out. I would be happy with simple printer like that one.
Guv Bob

john kruiniger
2014-08-06 21:12:39 UTC
Bob, best avoid both Canon and HP - they tend to have very complicated
drivers where you need to install a whole suite of software on the
machine just to get a driver.

Try a Brother perhaps? HL-2040 are cheap and cheerful and I note a
Windows 2000 driver is still available for download form their web site.

JK
wilson
2014-08-08 04:55:53 UTC
Post by Guv Bob
OK..... this is "one" disadvantage to keeping an old OS.
No one replied to this.... Anyone know a new ink jet that works with Win 2000?
My printer went out and I am stuck with Windows 2000 for the time
being. No new printers I saw today had Win2000 listed in their specs.
All are for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
Anyone know how to connect Win2000 computer with one of those printers,
or any other low dollar printer? Or where to find a decent older
printer?
These are the printers I saw today, all for XP and later....
Canon MG2220
Canon MG 3520
HP 2512
Before USB, I used a Canon BJC-5100 for years until it wore out. I
would be happy with simple printer like that one.
I have two ink jet printers that were working fine with W2K when I
replaced them with a laser orinter. I assume the ink jets still work (an
HP612C and a Cannon BJ 100), but I have no cartridges to test them. If
you can figure out a way to pick them up, there are yours for free. I
live in Ohio.

I am curerntly using a Dell 1110 black and white laser with W2K with no
trouble. It cost about $90US and cartridges cost about $30US. This
printer, as far as I can tell, is made by Samsong and also marketed under
their name.

Good luck with your search. I know it is frustrating at times, but you
will succeed.

LEW