AutoCAD 12 on Win2000?
Guv Bob
2014-04-03 17:16:17 UTC
Anyone have any suggestions how to run ACad12 on Win 2000?

I know I could get a later version for Win2000 on ebay, but those are still $50-100. If I can use what I have that's better for my situation.

I had Autocad 12 running on Win98SE and finally had to upgrade that PC. Other software won't run on XP or higher, so could only upgrade to Win2000. Now can't get Autocad to run.
troppo
2014-04-04 00:12:33 UTC
Post by Guv Bob
Anyone have any suggestions how to run ACad12 on Win 2000?
I know I could get a later version for Win2000 on ebay, but those are
still $50-100. If I can use what I have that's better for my
situation.
I had Autocad 12 running on Win98SE and finally had to upgrade that
PC. Other software won't run on XP or higher, so could only upgrade
to Win2000. Now can't get Autocad to run.
Maybe check if Longbow's Converter or Reviver can do it:
http://www.longbowsoftware.com/
David B
2014-04-04 08:58:32 UTC
Post by Guv Bob
Anyone have any suggestions how to run ACad12 on Win 2000?
I know I could get a later version for Win2000 on ebay, but those are
still $50-100. If I can use what I have that's better for my situation.
I had Autocad 12 running on Win98SE and finally had to upgrade that
PC. Other software won't run on XP or higher, so could only upgrade
to Win2000. Now can't get Autocad to run.
AutoCAD 12 ?????
1992 ?????

That's 22 years old !!!

Run it in DOS.

Guv Bob
Yes, I know, I know.... but I just use it for fun and odd jobs around the house. Can't justify spending even $50 or more right now. It won't run in DOS either. I get "divide by zero or overflow error" in DOS or Win2000.
troppo
2014-04-06 11:19:50 UTC
Post by Guv Bob
Post by David B
Post by Guv Bob
I had Autocad 12 running on Win98SE and finally had to upgrade that
PC. Other software won't run on XP or higher, so could only
upgrade to Win2000. Now can't get Autocad to run.
AutoCAD 12 ?????
1992 ?????
That's 22 years old !!!
Run it in DOS.
Yes, I know, I know.... but I just use it for fun and odd jobs around
the house. Can't justify spending even $50 or more right now. It
won't run in DOS either. I get "divide by zero or overflow error" in
DOS or Win2000.
Download nanoCAD or Draftsight. Free, registration required, but they
don't hassle. Each has the basic AutoCAD command functions.
Guv Bob
2014-04-09 02:52:39 UTC
Post by troppo
Post by Guv Bob
Post by David B
Post by Guv Bob
I had Autocad 12 running on Win98SE and finally had to upgrade that
PC. Other software won't run on XP or higher, so could only
upgrade to Win2000. Now can't get Autocad to run.
AutoCAD 12 ?????
1992 ?????
That's 22 years old !!!
Run it in DOS.
Yes, I know, I know.... but I just use it for fun and odd jobs around
the house. Can't justify spending even $50 or more right now. It
won't run in DOS either. I get "divide by zero or overflow error" in
DOS or Win2000.
Download nanoCAD or Draftsight. Free, registration required, but they
don't hassle. Each has the basic AutoCAD command functions.
Thanks, will give nanocad a try. I see it's 372MB.

rwwink
2014-04-04 13:52:02 UTC
Are you talking about ACAD 12 or ACAD 2012?
ACAD12 Windows Version will install just fine on W2K, I've not install
the DOS version so I don't kow about it. ACAD2012 will not install on
W2K.
R. Wink